I have decided to join the Afrobloggers BlogTember Challenge for 2018. Look, I needed a burst of inspiration to write something, anything because I have been having the craziest writer’s block ever. So, shout out to Afrobloggers for this much-needed push to write a blog a day. The moment I saw it, I jumped onto my page with an energy I haven’t felt in a while. While I understand writing a blog every day is going to be a huge challenge, this is just the push that I needed to put some words on this page.
The theme for this month is Africa: Stories from home. According to @AfroBloggers twitter feed, this theme is aimed at helping the world better understand Africa. I am excited because I have always identified as a pro-African writer myself. Most of my posts, although based in a location other than Africa, are always rooted in my African origins and on my being a Zimbabwean. This means I will not be blogging outside of my comfort zone.
Here’s what you can look forward to in my BlogTember Challenge:
- personal stories from my time at home in Zimbabwe including my experience of returning home from the diaspora for a period [you do not want to miss this]!!
- memories from my time in Cape Town, South Africa where I lived and worked for five years of my adult life
- my experiences in some African countries I have been fortunate enough to travel to[showcasing the beauty of our continent] and the ones I still want to visit
- my aspirations for the continent of Africa and what inspires me
- anything else that comes to mind during this month as long as it falls within the theme
Hope you are as excited as I am. I really hope I maintain the momentum and blog every day without fail. I cannot wait to read other blogs on this challenge too. Here’s to Day 1 and happy writing to all the bloggers joining this BlogTember challenge.